Before starting any tutoring job I like to take a look at your WordPress dashboard to see your theme files, plugins and configuration. A user account, separate from yours is ideal because it protects your sign in details, you can disable the account at anytime and gives you piece of mind that you control how and when people can access your website backend.
Please note it is my policy to keep all WordPress user logins and passwords private. Once the job is complete I delete this information, you will be required to send me new username and passwords when we work together, even if they stay the same.
In addition, the temporary user account you create MUST have Administrative access so I can see everything. If you do not provide this its a waste of my time and yours. Do not try to work around this, if you are not comfortable offering this infomation, we are not a good fit and will not be moving forward with the tutoring process.
Creating a New User Account
- Go to your Dashboard
- Select click Users and then add a new user
- Add the username wptutorla, my email address info [at] wptutorla [dot] com and any password
- Select “send password” so I receive an automatic email
- Don’t forget to Select the Administrator role.
- Click Add New User and you’re done!