Lets face it there are 100’s of plugins that allow you to add maps to your website, but why go through the trouble of learning how to use a plugin, when you can embed a map directly from Google, save load time and space.
I added a Google Map to one of my tutoring pages to give people a feel for the location and to quickly allow them to quickly map the location, especially on their mobile phones. In this tutorial I will teach you how to grab the map and embed it into your own website.
- STEP ONE – Go to Google Maps
- STEP TWO –Type in your location
- STEP THREE –Click the gears on the bottom left corner and select embed
- STEP FOUR –Select Embed on the top and custom size, to choose the size you want. If you want the map to go across the page, select 100%
- STEP FIVE – Copy the code and paste it into your page or post. To simulate a full width header I had to remove the via CSS to remove the padding. If you need help with this, I can help you do this on your website for as little as $10. See my $10 fixes on my design website, WordPress Queen.